Monday, April 21, 2008

Over the last week we have continued to work on the ceiling of the Gite - what a laborious job! first coat of tape and plaster, two days, rub down - a full day, second coat of plaster - another day , rub down again and prepare for 3 coats of paint! Thank fully I have managed to persuade one of the trades to continue where I give up ( I mean leave off)

The weather here as I mentioned have been extraordinary - this time last year I was using the pool - the water temperature was abt 18/19 degrees. February was stunning with lots of sun and pleasant days. Since early March we have had wind (!!)and much more rain than normal including yet another storm last Friday night and torrential rain all day sunday and through the night. You can almost here the vines lapping it up.

Thank fully there are signs of summer ( not so far away) with predictions of 25 degrees by the weekend.
In between the rain, we have had some contrastingly nice days so I bit the bullet last week and took the winter cover off the pool.



Overal it was in pretty good shape but a problem that I have been putting off dealing with for a while was still there - the corner of the liner had come out of its fixing and needed to be repaired.



Unfortunately this meant emptying the pool completely so I could maneuver the lining. I also had to melt it so it was supple ( using a hairdryer) Bit of a shame to just pump the water away. ( 40 cubic metres).



To my surprise and pleasure I seem to have sorted the problem, although until it is refilled and put under pressure I will not really know. I took advantage of the pool being empty and started scrubbing the sides and base using a bleach based pool cleaning product ( mixed with 1 or 2 other chemicals!!)




It was one of those jobs that you wondered why you started! Let me out please!




Once done though it was rather satisfying! now to refill it and get the summer cover on to warm it up for our visitors in just 3 weeks.(Sue & Tim)

No comments: