Thursday, November 20, 2008

One of the nicest things about this time of year is the sunsets. By day it is sunny, by night clear, cold and starry. I took this tonight. Today is Primeur day, the day that the first of this years wine vintages are released. It coincides with Beaujolais day, which used to be celebrated in the Uk , or may be still is. Anyone who used to work with me will have memories of one or two 'Beaujolais' days in Epsom in the 1980's!!



Any way, I digress, today we were ordering tiles in two of the local builders merchants who were offering wine tasting accompanied by Cheese and pate, it seemed rude to decline. After this I took my Chainsaw and leaf blower/sucker for a service, beleive me, a chainsaw is a must have gadget living here! Expecting to leave it for a few days the guy did it there and then although I left 369 Euros lighter sporting a new stihl leaf blower and sucker after my cheapo one was condemned to the poubelle!


After this we adjourned to the local wine cave, responsible for producing excellent wine from local grapes at extrodinarely cheap prices (1.80 a litre!)where the local producers were celebrating this years vintage with copius amounts of cheese, bread and meats washed down by the Primeur. Well what can you do but join in!!!The afternoon is a bit of a blur.........................



Before I go, we went to the cinema Tuesday, in Apt, it is really nice there, 3 screens and they have a residant cat! anyway saw Changeling, directed by Clint Eastwood, wow what a great film - do not miss it - its the first time I have sat still for 2 hours 20 minutes!

No comments: