Wednesday, January 28, 2009

forgot to mention, I have a new routine. Buying bread daily here becomes a habit like, well you just have to do it every day. So whilst coffee is going through the perculator I walk to the boulangerie, usually around 8.15, ok 8.30am. It is amazing how many people are around!! I always see two old guys who I have knick named the old gits. It is because unlike most people they do not say 'bonjour'. So my mission has been to convert them. This morning I even got an acknowledgement it was a nice morning!

Despite the popularity of Mr Sarkozy, or maybe his wife Carla Bruni, the Fench passion for strikes continues. Before he was elected there was unrest and strikes for change in the working week amongst other things. 50% of voters chose him. Now the other 50% are striking! French schools used to finish Wednesday lunchtime but they were open Saturday morning. A nightmare for parents. So now they have stopped the saturday mornings but they close wednesday all day!! Admittedly a longer day than the UK. So which day do they strike, Thursday of course then take a bridge day Friday!!Nothing changes. Like our tabby they have attitude!

No comments: