Monday, December 14, 2009

Côte-Rôtie AOC
I was given this bottle of wine as a gift before I left the UK to live in France by a close friend. It's retail value today is around £300. Côte-Rôtie is debateably the finest wine produced in France, from the Northern Rhone where the slopes are incredibly steep and face due South.


As always the dilema of when to drink such a special bottle is when, with what and who!! And so, some months ago we were at a friends for supper and were discussing wine, my bottle of Côte-Rôtie came up and David revealed he,like I ,had never tasted a Rôtie. So it seemed the best way to share it, and it did not dissapoint,here David & Karen taste the nectar!

1 comment:

Marie said...

I think if I had had a bottle of wine that worth, I would have sold it rather than drunk it :-)))

I had never heard of that wine!