Monday, September 26, 2011

Perfect conditions for the Vendage

It's that time of year again - Grape Harvesting.
And what a corker of a year it should be, certainly for wines from the Luberon & Ventoux region.
Enhanced by a pronged hot dry summer, some cooler nights in July, little Mistral wind and very few storms.
As I do every year, I spent the day picking at a friends Vineyard which produces 26,000 bottles of wine, abt 4500 white, 6500 Rose and the rest are Red.

The wines of Domaine Faverot.

As always as many volunteers as possible are invited to join in and the entire 8 Hectares are picked by hand.

Little did my sister Gill, know what I had instore for her when she arrived last week!


Lovely Juicy Syrah grapes.

Just to prove I was there too!

And after picking, through the archway is the reward...
A very tasty lunch is served accompanied by a selection of wines



But not too much, as we have to pick again in the afternoon, although I confess productivity is not as good as the morning!

Having seen the consumption of wine at Chez Taylor this summer I think this is the size barrel we could do with by the pool!
September really is a fabulous month to Holiday in Provence!







No comments: